Darlington Market Events
Darlington Market is not only a link to the heritage of the town but a cradle for its vibrant future. Small independent businesses form the Darlington Market community, and MAM is excited to welcome another member of that community, Fast Frame.
The BBC were filming in and around the market hall today, reporting on the announced closure of our House of Fraser store. It is a real shame to see yet another High Street shop disappear from Darlington, with an increase in online buying, shops are forever fighting an uphill battle, resulting in Town Centres across the country witnessing a decline in footfall and an increase in shop closures.
A television celebrity dubbed “The Nation’s Favourite French Chef” is the star attraction at a four-day North-East food and drink festival. Jean-Christophe Novelli, who has made numerous television appearances, will be staging demonstrations at the Darlington Food and Drink Festival, otherwise known as “Darlo Dines Out”.
Spanning across four days of the May Bank Holiday weekend, from Friday 25th to Monday 28th May, the Darlington Food and Drink Festival will feature entertainment, activities, hot street food and local food producers.
Enjoy Darlington’s spectacular Christmas Market Light Switch on featuring TFM, guest appearance from Darlington’s new Hippodrome’s first panto cast and, of course, the grand firework finale. There will be a Christmas Market alongside the light switch on, which will run until 8pm for all your late night shopping needs!
- Felt Flower Brooch Workshop
- Miniature Gardens and Flower Weekend
- Darlington Market welcomes a new business: Fast Frame
- Food festival set to serve up a town centre treat in Darlington
- Darlo Dines Out- Darlington Food and Drink Festival 2018!
- BBC film crew at Darlington Market
- Cultural Beginnings
- Continental Market coming to Darlington
- Spectacular Christmas Market Light Switch On!
- ‘If music be the food of love…….’
- Calling all local producers
- Health and Wellbeing
The Market Hall is open Monday to Saturday from 8am until 5pm.
The Outdoor Market is held on Mondays and Saturdays, 8am to 5pm.